Hi! My name is Pete Ayres, I'm a professional performer and instructor for voice, piano and guitar here in New York City. After graduating in 2011 from Webster University in Saint Louis, MO with a Bachelors Degree in Voice and Piano I moved to New York to further my musical career. Currently I'm the lead singer-songwriter for the wickedly talented 9-piece band called the Pete Ayres Band. We perform frequently and tour often around the country.
While I love to perform I also equally love to travel, read, run, eat awesome foods and of course teach! I've offered my instructive services for over 8-years to wide array students of all ages and experience levels. I teach vocal and piano lessons in all styles including but not limited to: classical, rock, pop, jazz, singer-songwriter, musical theater and more!
Your first lesson is FREE! So why not give something new a try?
Education and achievements
- Graduated from Webster University in Saint Louis, MO with a degree in Jazz Vocal Performance 2011 and a focus in jazz piano studies.
- Dean's Honor's list
Relevant Coursework: Independent Piano Study, Improvisational Studies, Independent Compositional Study, Music Theory (Classical and Jazz), Scoring and Arranging
- Performed Beethoven's 9th Symphony at Carnegie Hall with YNYC chorus 2016.
- Composed, arranged, recorded and produced 2 full-length solo albums.
- Voted Best Up-and-Coming Singer-Songwriter in NYC's Deli Magazine (Finalist 2015).
- Performed at notable NYC venues including: Carnegie Hall, Bowery Ballroom, Mercury Lounge, Rockwood Music Hall, The Bitter End and more.
- Second-Round finalist (auditions) for NBC's The Voice.
- Private music instructor for piano and voice over 8-years.
- Currently lead, arrange and compose for a SUPER AWESOME 9-piece band in New York City!
- Toured throughout the US and CAN: NY, NJ, ME, MA, MON, MO, TN, CT, VT, NH, CA.